Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 09:46:01 +0000

Hi Cedric, Chris, Mohamed, Anousak and team
On Mon, 8 Dec 2014 09:41:06 +0100
Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 07 Dec 19:49, Chris wrote:
> > I think there are reasons to develop both. With good, robust design
> > (like with Bootstrap), webapp UX on a mobile device is great, so the
> > flask-tryton is awesome (and the other flask addons that make
> > UX/webapp design easy). However, there are some bonuses to an
> > Android app. For example, asynchronous interactions (e.g.,
> > poor-connectivity environments) is somewhat easier, I think, to
> > develop in Android.
>
> asynchronous is not only possible with Android, it is prefectly
> possible with web app.
> But asynchronous client is very difficult to implement correctly and
> they generate a lot more difficult case to manage like update conflict
> etc.
I think I could we could work on Proof of Concept taking a simple
scenario, such as recording vital signs.
We could try it in both platforms, and see what would be best in the
medium and long term.

If the web app is functional, then I would leaning more towards
the flask solution, since it would be platform independent. In any case,
I'm open to any.

Let me know your thoughts

Best