[Health-dev] How to create new report types

From: Jakob Lang
Subject: [Health-dev] How to create new report types
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 09:26:11 +0200

Hi all,

We are currently trying to understand and develop new "custom reports" meaning new report types to be able to generate nice overviews of the DB data (e.g. overview for open bills or expiring medicine).
Up to now we did not really understand how this works. Is there any documentation available how to do this?
If not, can anyone please help us and give a quick introduction on how the database content the xml files and the templates work together and what needs to be done to create a new structure for a new report?
If we are successful is there a interest in the community to add these reports to the default package? If so, how to do that? Unfortunately we are all new to this project.

Thanks very much in advance!
Jakob