Re: [Health-dev] Using WebServices with GNU-Health

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Using WebServices with GNU-Health
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:14:48 +0100

2014/1/13 Emilien Klein <address@hidden>
2014/1/13 Sebastián Marró <address@hidden>
Hi Eugene

2014/1/13 Eugene Park <address@hidden>

Hello all,

I was wondering if there had been any discussions to using SOAP based WebServices for providing connectivity to to other applications or systems? I am interested in trying to extend the GNUHealth applications to other applications as well as other devices.

Might also be interesting to note that we had a discussion last month about adding support to HL7 (most used communication standard in the Healthcare world) to GNU Health. You can have a look at the presentation [0].

And here's the link to the presentation I had forgotten to add:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5LxER0Fbm0

    +Emilien

Although we haven't made much progress since ;)
And I do have the feeling that webservices are getting more and more popular.

Cheers,
    +Emilien

You can do remote calls to GNU Health using Tryton json-rpc (or xml-rpc if you want) services [0]
In this thread [1] you have more information on how to use them.

Regards

--
Sebastián Marró
thymbr@