[Health-dev] Recording coded patient allergies in GNU Health

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Health-dev] Recording coded patient allergies in GNU Health
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:45:49 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Chris

Welcome back to the discussion forum! Yes, my idea for drug
allergy checking might be a bit complicated.

I agree with Luis that when
creating a new prescription (or medication record) the software should cross
check for any patient linked ICD-10 codes that include a drug allergy
definition. If yes, then a general pop up warning should appear to remind the
doctor/prescriber to check the patient's allergies and prescribe with extra
caution.

I think that this simple solution will work very well and not be too
demanding on system resources.

Regards

Andrew