Re: [Health-dev] Patient allergy module for GNU Health?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Patient allergy module for GNU Health?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 18:18:52 +0100 (BST)

I agree Luis that a separate allergy module is a bit "over the top" but I think
it would be better for allergies to be separated from the main "Diseases"
section of GNU Health (at the moment the allergy info. tends to get a bit lost
with the other disease entries).

What about a new TAB on the main patient
chart?

| Allergies |

On opening this tab the physician would select:

1.
Allegy status unknown
2. No known allergies or intolerances
3. Drug
allergy/intolerance
4. Drug Group allergy/intolerance
5. Non-Drug
allergy/intolerance

If a drug/drug group allergy/intolerance is recorded then
the drug or drug group can be searched for and selected:

Drug: amoxicillin
(with ICD-10 code or SNOMED CT code)

Drug group: penicillins (with ICD-10 code
or SNOMED CT code)

It would be good if this information could then be
displayed in the "Free text" box next to the patient's photograph.

Does this
sound do-able?

Regards

Andrew