Re: [Health-dev] Health Services / Invoice Error + Workflow request

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Health Services / Invoice Error + Workflow request
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:46:21 -0300

Hi Allan !
On 09/30/2013 05:24 AM, Allan Sta. Cruz wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We've just started tinkering with GNU Health and looking into it as an
> option for implementation in some hospitals and we've hit on a few
> roadblocks during the first phases of trying it out. Here's the workflow
> we have followed so far that resulted in our current issues:
>
> 1. Followed the installation procedures at the wiki page
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation (we managed to
> install it without much problems and is already accessible without
> problems).
> 2. Installed the basic GNU modules for testing and usage
> 3. Added a new Patient Record (is it possible to add new fields to these
> health modules without modifying too much code, by the way? We're trying
> to minimize customizing the codebase itself and adding new modules so
> we're wondering if there's a less complicated way to do it...)
> 4. Evaluated the Patient
> 5. Admitted the Patient and created its Hospitalization record - in this
> section we placed products that the Patient 'used' (a hospital bed and
> some sample medication data). There's also an alternative method where
> we created an Appointment Record and directly placed the Patient on
> Hospitalization (see #7)
> 6. Discharged the Patient from Hospitalization
> 7. Created the Health Service record for this Patient / Appointment
> (through the Health Services module) - checking the 'Invoice' checkbox
> doesn't seem to make it appear on the Tryton Financial > Invoices module
> (though we had been told that if we do that it would automatically
> appear there as an Invoice record, so we tried to continue the process
> at #8)
The invoice checkbox in at service document line level.
> 8. Via the Health Services Actions, we tried to create the Health
> Service Invoice and hit our first error: "there is no account
> expense/revenue defined on the category Hospital Assets (3)"
> 9. In an attempt to correct the problem, we navigated to said Hospital
> Assets record in the Tryton Product > Products module and added an
> Account Revenue / Account Expense value for the Hospital Assets record.
> 10. After attempting to recreate the Health Service invoice, we hit our
> final roadblock:
Please check the example on the community server.
Look at the service document (Maternity Service) created on Ana Betz,
with the hospitalization and the initial evaluation.
One of the items is invoiced (it's on the health service document where
you select which lines you want to invoice).
Also, look at the products associated to them, and the accounting tab.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py", line 123, in _marshaled_dispatch
>     response['result'] = dispatch_method(method, params)
>   File "/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py", line 156, in _dispatch
>     res = dispatch(*args)
>   File "/trytond/protocols/dispatcher.py", line 158, in dispatch
>     result = rpc.result(meth(*args, **kwargs))
>   File "/trytond/wizard/wizard.py", line 261, in execute
>     return wizard._execute(state_name)
>   File "/trytond/wizard/wizard.py", line 292, in _execute
>     result = self._execute(transition())
>   File
> "/trytond/modules/health_services/wizard/wizard_health_services.py",
> line 100, in transition_create_service_invoice
>     Invoice.create(invoices)
>   File "/trytond/model/modelsql.py", line 269, in create
>     upd2.append(FIELDS[field._type].sql_format(value))
>   File "/trytond/backend/fields.py", line 172, in sql_format
>     assert value is not False
> AssertionError
We just created the service and could not reproduce the error, but we'll
look at it.

> We'd appreciate any assistance regarding this matter. We're just
> starting out on feeling the ropes of GNU Health and believe it has great
> potential as a Hospital Management System. In that light as well, may we
> ask for any references or workflow for starters regarding putting up the
> entire GNU System post-installation? We've been trying to follow the
> 'after installation' steps in the wiki but sadly they're not as
> comprehensive as we had anticipated.
We are working on the documentation portal. The chapters are being
revised in a sequential fashion . We covered the introduction, core
functionality, demographics and initial patient management. Much work to
do in the documentation still, but of course, you are most welcome to
work on any specific documentation area !

For general user questions, please write to address@hidden . health-dev
is for development.

Thanks for the feedback and let us know any issue !

Best,