[Health-dev] postgres passwd while installing GNU Health

From: Kaushik
Subject: [Health-dev] postgres passwd while installing GNU Health
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 14:25:15 +0530

Dear all,
       The wiki for installation gives the following instruction for creating a postgres user -

su - postgres -c "createuser --createdb --no-createrole --no-superuser gnuhealth"

However, I got an authentication failure.  I assigned a password for postgres by doing -
sudo passwd postgres

Then I was able to run the createuser command above.  Could you please confirm if this is ok?.  If so, should we add the add the instruction to the wiki to configure a postgres passwd.  Or should we make sure that a postgres passwd does not exist.

Kaushik