Re: [Health-dev] [Health] GNU Health 1.4.2 Demo Database

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [Health] GNU Health 1.4.2 Demo Database
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:02:41 -0300

Hi Ronald !
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 10:38 AM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> On 25 November 2011 22:26, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ronald !
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:57 PM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Hi Luis,

>> > I am newbie, you will have to be patient with me. I checked here and could
>> > not find a demo directory: http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/
>> You can check it under main tryton dir in Savannah
>> For example
>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/file/c764e3866b79/tryton/demo
>
> Newbie question, how do I use the two files to populate the database with the
> demo data?  Is there a proteus manual?
Just updated the demo database environment in Mercurial

It's only for reference at this point. What it does is :
- Create the database named "gnuhealth_demo"
- Creates some parties (Patient, doctor, Health center and Insurance company).

The way of using it is :
$ cd demo
$ python ./health_demo_server.py

This will populate the "starter" db.

If you look at the code, you can see how I integrate the csv file into
proteus. Basically lines 30-40 load the csv file (parties.csv) fields
into the newly created DB.

We would do the same for different modules. So, when creating the
patients, we will have a "patients.csv" file.

I use the "health_profile" in the initialization process, so the main
modules are already loaded.

Just a start, but very soon we'll have all the data in. The nice thing
is that we will keep improving and populating it as with the new
versions, so we'll always have updated demo data !

Hope you find it useful and let me know if you had any issues creating it.

Best

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health