health-announce

[Health-announce] GNU Health Hospital Management component 3.8 released!

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-announce] GNU Health Hospital Management component 3.8 released!
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 23:54:11 +0000

Original announcement at
https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=9938

Dear community:

I am very proud to announce the release of the series 3.8 from the GNU
Health Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) component!

Twelve years old, GNU Health has now become a Libre Health ecosystem,
with different solutions to meet different realities, integrating them
in the Federation.

The year 2020, the year of the COVID-19 pandemic, has put our societies
against the ropes, and challenging the public health system of every
country around the globe. The GNU Health community responded swiftly to
this formidable challenge. Within hours of the official World Health
Organization announcement, we were able to deliver the new ICD-10 codes
of the COVID-19 disease; Include the pathology in the person record
when it was confirmed by laboratory and setting the disease as a
notifiable disease so the Min. of Health could have uptodate
epidemiological information.

GNU Health has played a crucial role in many public health systems, not
only by providing real-time observatory of COVID-19, but also, very
importantly, study the impact of the socioeconomic conditions in both
the incidence and severity of the disease on the underprivileged.

Our community keeps growing! A notable example is that GNU Health is
now also part of the KDE community! KDE has adopted MyGNUHealth, the GH
Personal Health record. We are very grateful to KDE for trusting us!
Most GNU/Linux users will have in their favorite GNU/Linux distribution
a Personal Health Record focused on privacy and integrated with Libre
devices and trackers. MyGNUHealth also runs on the PinePhone! What is
new in GNU Health 3.8 series

    * New Dentistry package with odontogram and dental procedures
    * Enhanced Page of Life generation (PoL)
    * Use FODT (Flat ODT) format for reports
    * Integrated infectious diseases Contact Tracing
    * Epidemiological observatory
    * International Classification of diseases, 11th revision (ICD-11)
    * Improved integration with Weblate (now 23 languages!)
    * Updated the UNIPROT protein natural variants DB from 2020
    * The HL7 FHIR server is now ported to Python3
    * New repositories for the components (HMIS, client, plugins,
      Thalamus...)

Development focus

In addition of the GH HMIS server, we will focus the development in the
following  areas of the GNU Health ecosystem:

* MyGNUHealth: The GNU Health application for desktop and mobile
  devices The GNU Health Federation Portal

* The GH Federation Portal has already started. It is a VueJS
  application and provides a single point of entry for individuals,
  health professionals and epidemiologists to the GNU Health
  Information system.

The GNU Health Federation integrates information from many health
institutions and people from a region or country. The GH Federation
portal will allow to manage resources, as well as the main point for
analytics and reporting of massive demographics and epidemiological
data generated nationwide. People, health centers and research
institutions can benefit from the GNU Health Federation and from the
GNU Health ecosystem in general.

Upgrading from GNU Health 3.6

    * Make a FULL BACKUP your kernel, database and attach directories
      !!!
    * Follow the instructions on the Wikibooks.

As always, no matter how hard we try to avoid them, there will be bugs,
so please test the new system, upgrade process, languages, and give us
your feedback via them via health@gnu.org

The community server has been already migrated to 3.8.0, so you just
need to download the GNU Health HMIS client and enjoy it.

Free Software day:

Finally, today is the Free Software day. We have chosen this date as
the release date of the GH HMIS component, as a way to remind and
stress the importance of Libre Software and Open Science in our society.

Happy and Healthy Hacking !

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, MD, MSc
President, GNU Solidario