hddtemp-dev

[hddtemp-dev] a Maxtor 4 question

From: Alfred Ganz
Subject: [hddtemp-dev] a Maxtor 4 question
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:29:42 -0400

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have replaced an older HDD with an SSD. I can display the Temperature
of the SSD just fine in gkrellm via hddtemp. I have for years watched
all my disks with the smartmontools and I do the same with the new SSD.

I now would also like to watch an old Maxtor 4 external disk with gkrellm,
i.e. via hddtemp. However, that disk is packaged in a box with a USB
interface which requires the use of "-d sat,12" with the smartmontools.
The actual disk is a "Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 250GB", but the
interface chip in the box wants 12 byte ATA PASS THROUGH SCSI commands.

My question: is there a way to get hddtemp to create this command form?

Thanks for the tool and your help, AG

   Alfred Ganz                                  alfred-ganz:at:agci.com
   AG Consulting                                (203) 624-9667
   440 Prospect Street # 11
   New Haven, CT 06511