hddtemp-dev

[hddtemp-dev] Fwd: SSD temperature sensor

From: Amel Hodzic
Subject: [hddtemp-dev] Fwd: SSD temperature sensor
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 05:19:09 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amel Hodzic <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 5:09 AM
Subject: SSD temperature sensor
To: address@hidden

Hi,

I'm using hddtemp v.0.3-beta15 on a Lenovo ThinkPad W520 laptop with Fedora19-64bit.  I have a HDD and an SSD(primary) drive; the HDD temperature is detected by hddtemp, but the Samsung SSD 830 Series is not.  I was wondering if it's possible to include the sensor data for the SSD's "Airflow Temperature" with code 190--which IS present--as a way to get around the lack of the 194/231 lack of code support on the drive.  Any and all help would be appreciated.  Thanks

P.S. I've tried to add a line to the /usr/share/misc/hddtemp.db file in hopes of allowing the program to pick up the temp with the 190 code; however, at this moment I'm still having the same issue with no apparent changes.