[h5md-user] static vs. dynamic H5MD elements

From: Felix Höfling
Subject: [h5md-user] static vs. dynamic H5MD elements
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 10:48:21 +0200

Hi all,

I have a suggestion which, I believe, would improve reading of the
specification. It does not affect any existing or future H5MD file.

Currently, we distinguish between "time-independent" and "time-dependent"
H5MD elements. The difference is hard to grasp in quick reading and (even
worse) prone to typos. I suggest to replace

    time-independent --> static
    time-dependent --> dynamic

So we would speak of "static" and "dynamic" H5MD elements from now on. Are
there any drawbacks of such a change of wording?

Kind regards,

Felix