Re: [h5md-user] Make "time" optional?

From: Felix Höfling
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] Make "time" optional?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:01:24 +0200

Am 11.07.2014 16:09 schrieb "Konrad Hinsen" <address@hidden>:

Hi everyone,

Now that I have started to use H5MD seriously, I also start to notice
problems with it. One of them is the obligatory presence of a "time"
dataset. I want to store a Monte-Carlo trajectory which consists of a
sequence of configurations, but without any associated time values.
If I want to respect the H5MD specification, I have to make up
numbers, which is not a good habit to take.

Is there any reason why "time" was made obligatory?

Konrad.