[h5md-user] Restrictions on observables group

From: Felix Höfling
Subject: [h5md-user] Restrictions on observables group
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:02:44 +0200

Hi all,

The section "general organization" says that the ``observables`` group "contains all time-dependent variables in the system, except the ones found in the ``particles`` group."

I find this statement too restrictive in 2 directions: It forbids any other root groups in addition to "particles". Second, it forbids to store time-independent observables (which for some applications might be a useful option).

I suggest to rephrase without excluding additional data sets or root groups:

The ``observables`` group contains data of physical observables, i.e. quantities that are derived from the system state at given points in time.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Felix