Re: [h5md-user] attribute modification_time

From: Felix Höfling
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] attribute modification_time
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 16:36:09 +0200

Am 29.05.2013, 13:07 Uhr, schrieb Felix Höfling <address@hidden>:

Hi all,

the /h5md group contains the attribute "creation_time". I suggest to provide "modification_time" (or "last_modified") as well to document manipulations of the H5MD file after the initial simulation. The description could be:

modification_time: The time when then file was modified last. It uses the same format as "creation_time". H5MD writers are advised to update the field just before closing the file.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Felix

I noted the point "Date and time tracking" in the discussion section http://nongnu.org/h5md/discussion.html, which considerably extends my suggestion. However, this seems to be too involved for the first release.

Felix