h-source-users

[H-source-users] [bug #62568] [h-client] submit button doesn't work

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: [H-source-users] [bug #62568] [h-client] submit button doesn't work
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 15:47:00 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Thu 02 Jun 2022 03:46:58 PM EDT By: Maxim Cournoyer <apteryx>
Hello,

Something must have changed on the h-source side that needs to be adjusted on
h-client, because the submit button no longer works.  I've tested this with
both the latest SVN branch from the old h-client project, running on Python 2,
as well as this new Python 3 fork: https://git.sr.ht/~apteryx/h-client/tree,
and the behavior is the same.

After adding some better error reporting (part of the above port), this is
what the reply body on a submit (HTTP post) contains:

In the GUI, it now prints "submit request got error reply".  At the terminal,
it says:

$ h-client
ERROR:root:reply content was: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<user_info>
        <status>error</status>
        <notice>
                <![CDATA[]]>
        </notice>
</user_info>

So the error is quite opaque and without a good understanding of h-source's
(the web application) internals, I'm at a loss.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Maxim

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?62568>