h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] freenode IRC channel and project registration

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] freenode IRC channel and project registration
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 13:54:26 +0100

Hello bill-auger,

thanks for contacting us.

We now registered you as a group, h-node.

You can now claim channels in these namespaces, being
#h-node  and #h-node-*.

As e and I both mentioned, note that - is usually used on freenode for
separation within a project, e.g. #projectname-subproject.
Should there ever be a project called "h", which is unlikely, we will have to
find a well working solution for that.

As for cloaks: you can request cloaks for that namespace.
They have the format

projectname/optional/mandatory,   thus e.g.  h-node/member/john
or  h-node/jane.

Please note that only valid DNS characters are allowed (e.g. no underscores)
for technical reasons and recipients need a registered account.  You can
request them from any active staff in either #freenode or listed on /stats p
(might be empty at times)

I added you, damo22 and Ark74 as  the Group Contacts (people who can
claim the  channels and request cloaks as per above) for now.  If you would
like to add other group contacts later, please tell us their nickname accounts
via e-mail (that's one of the few things that require an e-mail)
We can add Ian like that, if he does have an account with us.

Of course you can always drop by in #freenode or contact staff directly for
assistance.

Thanks for using freenode, kind regards,
Christian (Fuchs on freenode)