gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] hemppah's research problems document

From: hemppah
Subject: Re: [Gzz] hemppah's research problems document
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:53:45 +0200

Quoting Tuomas Lukka <address@hidden>:

> > > I don't understand this (why there is no upper limit). I would've
> > > thought that there's usually an upper limit of O(n^2)-- if all nodes
> > > know each other, and thus every node forwards the request to every other
>
> > > node (where it is cancelled, because a node will not process the same
> > > lookup twice).
> >
> > I have to check this. Yesterday while writing this document, I didn't find
> the
> > article, where authors said that there is "no limit". Have to check...
>
> Hemppah: you *HAVE* to be more critical about the sources; including a
> statement
> like that without really knowing what it's saying...

Yes, this is true.

However, as a "rookie researcher", it's quite difficult to be critical, since
the authors of the articles are, in someway, somekind of authorities for me;
they have experience, they are (in general) more trained etc. Moreover, I have a
very little experience about "what is good article", "what is not so good
article" and "what is source critism" etc.

> > Yes, I left it intention away. AFAIK, thesis' focus is how a specific data
> can
> > be located as fast as possible, if exists in the network.
>
> ?
>
> Located *and* downloaded.
>
> More like "obtained".

Okay, will notice it. Btw, in Gzz p2p, is there possibility that there can be
multiple block sources in the network, altough block has a GUID (so we can take
a benefit from it when obtaining the block) ?

-Hermanni