gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 28th-29th (jvk)

From: Janne Kujala
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 28th-29th (jvk)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:34:05 +0200

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:19:41AM +0200, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > Today: thinking about a new irregu renderable and
> >        a table of all the different profiles
>
> Do include NV30.

I have to look at the specs first.
It would probably be very similar to the multitex profile,
only with more texture units.

> > - Need a way to pass a polygon structure to the renderable.
>
> Can we do that after 5th?

Yes, but I need some way to make the irregu3 demo not thrash.
After adding the new profiles, linux sometimes seems to kill the
java process before garbage collection finishes.

It seems that the problem is string concatenations like

    for i in range(0,4):
        code += """
        %s %s
        TexCoord %s
        """ % (("Color", "SecondaryColorEXT")[using_secondary_color],
               js(cols[i]), js(texcoords[0][i]))

        for u in range(1,len(texcoords)):
            code += """
            MultiTexCoord TEXTURE%s %s
            """ % (u, js(texcoords[u][i]))

        code += """
        Vertex %s
        """ % js(vertices[i])

If I add that piece of code many times, the thrashing begins
much sooner.

Is there a way to construct the strings more efficiently?

        jvk