gzz-dev

[Gzz] Tuukka 2002-10-13 (genimages, jython)

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: [Gzz] Tuukka 2002-10-13 (genimages, jython)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 22:23:55 +0300 (EEST)

I and Vesa tried to rewrite genimages.pl into a Python class. We had
unbelievably much trouble with Python and achieved nothing - in the end,
we couldn't even write stripblock that would also work under Jython. I
think Vesa is going to try to resolve this tomorrow.

To make genimages functionality smarter, we could use pdfinfo from package
xpdf-utils: it can tell the number of pages and resolution in a pdf file.
An alternative in package gs-common is pdf2dsc, but the output is not in
an equally nice format.

Finding libraries to read and render pdf would be even better as we could
get rid of some external program dependencies.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden