gzz-dev

[Gzz] 9th & 10th (jvk)

From: Janne Kujala
Subject: [Gzz] 9th & 10th (jvk)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:42:24 +0300

9th & 10th: libpaper work

Implemented random combiner scaling based on the fuzzyness of the
basis textures and adjusted many ad hoc parameters (fixed band-like
texture, reduced fnoise texture frequencies).

I think that having all of checkerboard, checkerboard2, and stripe
textures is redundant. For example, the stripe texture looks
almost the same as checkerboard2 and all of the "two-level"
textures can be "emulated" to some degree with the pyramid,
triangle, and saw textures by clamping.

The slightly higher frequency fnoise textures (rgbw2 and
rgbw3) produce almost too complex shapes with not so much variation.
Should we use non-random textures with some simple linear combinations
of small frequency fourier basis functions instead?
The current fnoise textures already contain only a few basis
components.

Perhaps we could use more basis textures with a very high frequency
component, because that gives a distinct "texture" to the low
frequency shapes.

        jvk