guix-science

Re: reproducibility of numerical experiments

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: reproducibility of numerical experiments
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 17:11:01 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul Garlick <pgarlick@tourbillion-technology.com> skribis:

> I introduced GNU Guix, described the reproducible build process and
> gave an example of a user profile defined by a manifest and channel
> specification.
>
> The conference was online this year.
>
> The slides can be found at:
>
>  https://mscroggs.github.io/fenics2021/talks/garlick.html

Nice!  What kind of feedback did you get?  Is the FenICS community
generally aware of reproducible deployment issues?

It’s great to reach out to the numerical simulation community.
Reproducible deployment and numerical simulation are two links in the
long chain of reproducible science that we have to connect.

Cheers,
Ludo’.