[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sun, 05 Aug 2018 15:04:19 +0200
Notmuch/0.27 (https://notmuchmail.org) Emacs/26.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Marius,
> any chance you had the time to update to a more recent version release
> of Chromium?
Good news! Please find Chromium 68 attached.
There are *a lot* of changes in this version. Some highlights:
* It's using GCC 8 instead of Clang.
* A bug in the source scrubber has been fixed, so .zip and .jar files
are now purged even if the parent directory is preserved. Currently
we're reducing the uncompressed size from 4.3 GiB to 2.1 GiB.
* External patches are now in an easier to manage format.
* Upstream have discontinued the libvpx "experiment"; but still
require an unreleased version.
* We're installing a "master_preferences" file, which allows us to
easily add defaults for new profiles.
* All the various knobs for the build system have been moved to
#:configure-flags. This should make it easier to create custom
Chromium variants based on this package (qtwebkit?).
* The 'configure' phase will now print *all* supported flags for
convenience (I usually did this manually every now and then).
* I've started cherry-picking patches from Ungoogled-Chromium in the
quest to reduce data transmission to Google.
* There is still some data transmitted when starting the browser for the
first time. It seems related to the "domain_reliability" component.
* Remove remaining "Web Store" links. Currently I've only found it in
settings, under "accessibility" and "fonts".
* Opening settings transmits a bunch of data, the next version will
include the 'disable-translation-lang-fetch' patch from Inox.
* PDFium is built, but does not seem to work (the 'install' phase
probably needs tweaking). Might just disable it instead.
As always, feedback very welcome. Enjoy!
Description: Text Data
Description: PGP signature
[bug#28004] Chromium, Oleg Pykhalov, 2018/08/06
- [bug#28004] Chromium,
Marius Bakke <=