guix-europe

Re: General assembly

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: General assembly
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:11:27 +0300

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 04:42:13PM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Hello all,
<snip>
> - And we have not "updated" our Solidary Adminstrative Council (SAC), which
>   takes all day to day decisions. It is elected by the General Assembly, and
>   when we wrote our bylaws, the goal was that all members who wished so could
>   take part.
> - There is one more special role, the Board, composed of the Presidency and
>   the Treasury. But this is mainly so that the French administration has
>   the two names and addresses they require, instead of sending them the
>   details of the full SAC. It would be healthy if these functions rotate.

Are there any residency or citizenship restrictions? Are any of the
positions required or "preferred" to be filled by EU/French
residents/citizens?

> The date of the General Assembly is supposed to be fixed at least two weeks
> in advance. So what do you think of some time during the weekend of either
> June 20/21 or June 27/28?
>
> We should find an electronic "venue", but since we are all now used to
> videoconferences, this should not be too much of a problem.
>
> It would also be good if volunteers for the functions of Presidency
> (currently held by Manolis Ragkousis) and Treasury (currently held by me;
> I would be more than happy to pass it on to someone else, while staying
> around for technical help) could speak up, as well as everyone who would
> like to be part of the SAC.

I'm available on June 20/27 from UTC 1700-2000 or on June 21/28 from UTC
0600-1900, except from 1000-1100 unless we go back into lockdown and
they close the schools again.