guix-devel

Building more of ‘core-updates’ on ci.guix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Building more of ‘core-updates’ on ci.guix
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 17:47:08 +0100

Hello!

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> So it would be nice if someone could set up a more complete job for
> core-updates on cuirass or QA, and maybe write up a how-to to see which
> packages work and which ones need more love, preferably by architecture.

I’ve just changed it the ‘core-updates’ job to build
‘etc/release-manifests.scm’ (you can check what’s in there).  So
everything goes well (a big “if” :-)), we’ll soon have substitutes for
Emacs, GTK, and whatnot.

For the record, anyone with (1) SSH access to berlin, or (2) a “TLS user
certificate” for use by Cuirass¹ can do it.  For method #1, set up a
tunnel to the Cuirass web server, like so:

  ssh -L 8081:localhost:8081 berlin.guix.gnu.org

Then visit <http://localhost:8081>, click on “Edit” in the vegan-burger
menu on the ‘core-updates’ line, adjust accordingly, and save.  (You can
see that form at
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/specification/edit/core-updates>, you can can’t
submit changes.)

HTH!