guix-devel

The 🐑 Shepherd gets continuous integration

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: The 🐑 Shepherd gets continuous integration
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 22:57:36 +0100

Hello!

Inspired by the unbelievable continuous integration (CI) setup of
Guile¹, I came up with an equally fancy CI setup for the Shepherd:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/shepherd

The CI jobs are defined in this manifest:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/tree/build-aux/manifest.scm

The package definitions it refers to are in this module (a channel!):

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/tree/build-aux/guix/shepherd-package.scm

This is still rather modest, but hey, we can add system tests as well!
That way we can test shepherd in real-world scenarios in VMs.

That’s it.  I hope you find it nice and fun and useful.

Ludo’.

¹ https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2023-01/msg00121.html