guix-devel

Re: issue tracking in git

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: issue tracking in git
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 14:18:51 +0100

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 11:29:48AM +0100, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
> Homepage is https://tissue.systemreboot.net/
>
> Wow!  Very interesting project, it deserves more visibility! (why did I
> miss its existance?!? :-O )

Ah well. We have just been using it and building it up over the last
year :). We wanted to get away from github issue trackers and that was
rather successful. All you need is a git repo and a guix package.

We also have ci and cd based on our own system containers in Guix.

=> https://ci.genenetwork.org/

It would be good to write a Guix blog about all this.

> Please Arun is there a devel mailing list dedicated to tissue so we can
> discuss details of the project?

Sounds like an idea. Though in the spirit of tissue we might as well
set up a repo.

> I'm not a Guile developer but I would like to help with testing and (the
> lack of) documentation, if I can.
>
> I'd also like to understand and possibly discuss the overall
> architecture design of tissue, in particular compared to git-issue
> internals [1]

I did not know of that project, but it looks similar in concept. With
gemini support you get some other interesting features. And then Arun
has added powerful search. Also, when you see Jonathan's E-mail, we
are not done building on this.

> Last but not least: what about to have tissue packaged [2] in Guix? :-D

It is about time - and a package and system definition exists in a
channel.

Pj.