guix-devel

Re: Release progress, week 3

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Release progress, week 3
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 11:35:31 +0200

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 10:04:13AM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2022-10-27, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > Release progress: week 3.
> >   • Architectures:
> >
> >      - powerpc64le-linux builds are back behind ci.guix, thanks to
> >        Tobias!
> >      - armhf-linux: No progress so far.
>
> Not sure where this fits into the release process, but I uploaded a git
> snapshot to Debian of guix from commit
> c07b55eb94f8cfa9d0f56cfd97a16f2f7d842652 ... ppc64le still has not built
> yet, and it has the same test suite failures on two 32-bit architectures
> (i386 and armhf):
>

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=guix&arch=armhf&ver=1.3.0%2B26756.c07b5-1&stamp=1666838910&raw=0
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=guix&arch=i386&ver=1.3.0%2B26756.c07b5-1&stamp=1666825176&raw=0

> Testsuite summary for GNU Guix 1.3.0.26756-c07b5
> # TOTAL: 2286
> # PASS:  2002
> # SKIP:  274
> # XFAIL: 4
> # FAIL:  6
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>
> All 6 of the failures have the same error:
>
> test-name: channel-news, no news
> actual-error:
> + (git-error
> +   #<<git-error> code: -1 message: "invalid version 0 on git_proxy_options"
> class: 3>)
> result: FAIL
>

> Would love to figure out these issues in time for release!
>

> Good news is it built reproducibly (at least on amd64; i386, armhf and
> arm64 pending):
>
>   https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/guix.html
>
> This is partly because the Debian package works around
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/20272 by disabling parallelism in the
> build. Sure would be nice if guix was reproducible when built with Guix
> too!

If you want to add a bit more to the mix you can add riscv64-linux and
powerpc-linux as build targets. I'm not sure if they'll pass the test
suite though, I don't think they technically have support in the base
linux-libre package since it expects a kernel config and they only
really have their own specialized kernels for now.