guix-devel

Re: Compile skribilo doc containing guix channel references

From: Phil
Subject: Re: Compile skribilo doc containing guix channel references
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 16:40:40 +0000

Hi,

Phil writes:

> Hi,
>
> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
>> We toyed with Skribilo/Guix integration in this paper:
>>
>>  https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01161771/en
>>
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc/reppar-2015/reproducible-hpc.skb
>>
>> (Note that it starts with ugly ‘%load-path’ hacks.  :-))

At the risk of cross-posting from skribilo list, whilst our internal
documentation has to remain private, we also have a public fork of guix
which would benefit from some documentation explaining the changes we've made
to guix core code that we hope one day to push upstream - so I've taken
the same technique and applied it here - so people can see a working example:

This generates the docs with guix imports - see compile-command in the header:
https://github.com/quantiletechnologies/qt-guix/blob/feature/EA-133/compile-docs.scm

This is the document - it's less ambitious than my internal version in
terms of generating content from guix - but has a few examples of
generating content from channels:
https://github.com/quantiletechnologies/qt-guix/blob/feature/EA-133/qtdocs/qt-guix.skb