guix-devel

Needed for IceCat-102: rust-1.59 and rust-cbindgen-0.23

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Needed for IceCat-102: rust-1.59 and rust-cbindgen-0.23
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 01:11:54 -0400

Hello Guix,

In one week (Sept 20) Mozilla is scheduled to release Firefox 102.3 ESR
with another batch of fixes for security flaws that they will publicize
on the same day, but there will be no corresponding fixes for the 91 ESR
branch.

I hope to update our IceCat package to version 102 by then.

I've identified two dependencies that will be needed, but which are not
yet present on our 'master' branch:

* rust-1.59 (currently on the 'staging' branch)
* rust-cbindgen-0.23

Would anyone be willing to work on adding these?

     Regards,
       Mark

--
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.