guix-devel

Re: okay to merge rekados-rust-queue branch?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: okay to merge rekados-rust-queue branch?
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 16:16:20 +0200

Hi,

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> I have a small branch with minor Rust package upgrades.  I successfully
> built icecat on that branch and the failing rust-* packages seen in the
> latest builds at https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/rekados-rust-queue seem
> to be broken on the master branch as well.
>
> Would it be okay to merge this branch?
>
> I’m asking because the cargo-build-system makes it difficult to see how
> upgrades affect other packages, so building things on ci.guix.gnu.org
> and locally is the only way I can verify that the changes aren’t
> catastrophic.
>
> I’d like to merge this soon while the successful builds are fresh.

I guess that as long as there are no big regressions on ci.guix compared
to the starting point in ‘master’, that should be fine.

Normally we should be able to compare the status of both branches with:

https://data.guix.gnu.org/compare?base_commit=b594c7354ce1daedecb3310b55817b69e90adbe9&target_commit=9ea5ebb9b1f393abba81e90d33ccc0da97f47032&locale=en_US.UTF-8

However, it seems that data.guix hasn’t processed the new branch.

Ludo’.