guix-devel

Re: Teams: first draft list

From: Blake Shaw
Subject: Re: Teams: first draft list
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 21:18:48 +0700

Hi y'all,

This looks great, thanks for putting in the work!

Im getting back into the Guile + Guix documentation, and realize its a subject the @whereiseveryone and others are also working on, and thus it could probably use a concentrated team of its own. What do others think?

Best,
Blake

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022, 20:51 Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
Hi,

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> Now the question is merely how to represent and present this.  It’s not
> a bad idea to have the team associations in the repository so that we
> can present the data on the website and also use it with our tools to
> notify the right people.

Mathieu suggested that we have a team file in guix.git, which would
allow us to eventually write tools like ‘get-tutors.scm’ as Mathieu
calls it.

The web site could fetch that file and present one tile per team on a
page.

> It wouldn’t help with keeping mailing aliases on fencepost up to date,
> though.

Argh, yes.  Maybe this can be addressed later?  Having a list of teams a
name would already help, even if there are no email aliases.

Then perhaps we could automate alias creation with @guix.gnu.org
addresses?  Not sure what it would take…

> I also wonder about how / if we should notify teams about relevant
> patches.  Will contributors Cc the relevant teams or will we have team
> predicates, e.g. a procedure that spits out the appropriate teams when
> given a patch?

I think we can start small and build up automation incrementally.

Thanks,
Ludo’.