guix-devel

Re: Solstice infrastructure hackathon

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Solstice infrastructure hackathon
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 12:30:00 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 at 10:46, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> Here are tasks that were brought up:
>
>   • Set up a backup server for berlin.guix.gnu.org, the head node of the
>     ci.guix.gnu.org, possibly moving some services such as the web site
>     there.

About backup, Git repositories from Savannah require backup too, at
least Guix channel.  Past discussions [1].

1: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-12/msg00148.html>

>   • Work on a plan to mirror nars from ci.guix and bordeaux.guix, using
>     plain rsync or <https://git.cbaines.net/guix/nar-herder/about/>.

Well, that reminds me the CDN experience; for the most recent
discussions [2,3].  The outcome of experience was very positive, IIRC.
Therefore, it appears to me worth to go this CDN direction, waiting the
Right Thing.

2: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-12/msg00192.html>
3: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-03/msg00135.html>

>   • Have a documented procedure to set up substitute mirrors, such as
>     the one in .cn (I can’t find the URL), ideally with plain rsync
>     access.

Maybe that URL

    <https://mirrors.sjtug.sjtu.edu.cn/guix>

from this message [4].