guix-devel

Re: Guix Documentation Meetup

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: Re: Guix Documentation Meetup
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 12:55:22 -0600

Ryan Prior <rprior@protonmail.com> writes:

> I've found the Guile IRC channel to be polite and encouraging, but also very
> self-satisfied, which makes it hard to feel heard as a Guile hacker who's
> struggling.

Consider reaching out to Andy Wingo (wingo in IRC in #guile). I hope I am not
laying this issue at his feet by suggesting this, but I have interacted with
him a handful of times, and he is a genuinely nice and helpful person, and also
a guile maintainer. I am pretty confident he would want to help make this
problem better -- especially if there are those willing to do some work.

Good luck! I have also found myself hunting around for basic functionality, and
not being a guiler, nor even a schemer (I love lisps, but I mostly write
emacs-lisp and common-lisp), wondering why things are fragmented into weird
modules. It's a shame, because I feel like I would be contributing bigger
features to Guix if I could stop bouncing off the language.

--
Katherine