guix-devel

Re: Incentives for review

From: Artem Chernyak
Subject: Re: Incentives for review
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 08:38:44 -0500

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 4:37 PM Thiago Jung Bauermann
> <bauermann@kolabnow.com> wrote:

[...]

> One thing that would help me would be some way to “subscribe” to changes in
> certain areas of Guix. That way, when a patch is submitted which touches
> those areas I would be automatically copied on the emails that go to the
> guix-patches mailing list. “areas of Guix” could be defined by paths in the
> repo, guile modules or regexps matching package names, for example.

You could handle it by filtering the email in your email client.

One thing that could help this, is to include a little more info in
the subject line for patches. Right now we include the broad area
(e.g. "gnu: ..."). But we could go on level deeper and include the
specific file (e.g. "gnu: docker: ..."). This becomes important
because gnu as an area of guix spans a lot of different packages and
languages. With the extra file level information, we can easily filter
it down to only the areas we know about.