guix-devel

Re: 1.2.1 pre-release testing

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: 1.2.1 pre-release testing
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 11:32:16 +0200

Hello Jin.  Thank you for testing!

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 10:40:55PM -0500, jcguu95 wrote:
> 1. Graphical Installation
>
>    I chose the graphical method for the first installation. Everything
>    went well, except my wired internet connection failed as it
>    indicated. Weirdly enough, my ethernet cable has been always on my
>    machine for a while, and never failed. […]

Does the ethernet cable work on the installed system?  Or on other
free distros?

In the distant past, I had trouble using the built-in Ethernet on my
11-year old Macbook until (I think) a newer Linux-libre kernel release
added support.  Maybe this is similar.

If Ethernet is only broken in the installer though, then the installer
is at fault.

Regards,
Florian