guix-devel

[Outreachy] - Guix Data Service - Set a more informative page title

From: Canan Talayhan
Subject: [Outreachy] - Guix Data Service - Set a more informative page title
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 12:01:47 +0300

Hi everyone,

My name is Canan. I'm an Outreachy applicant. I'm working on the introductory task for Guix Data Service.

Introductory task:

I've created a patch for the "Jobs" page. If it looks good for everyone then I can proceed with other applicable pages.

Now, I'm working on the title part of the code snippet below to make it more elegant.

```scm

(define* (layout #:key

                 (head '())

                 (body '())

                 title

                 description)

  `((doctype "html")

    (html

     (@ (lang "en"))

     (head

      ,@(if title

            `((title ,(string-append title " - Guix Data Service")))

            `((title "Guix Data Service")))

```

Could you please review and share your comments? I'll be appreciated.

Attached file: jobs-title-and-view.diff

Thanks,

Canan Talayhan

MSc. in Computer Engineering