guix-devel

Racket 8 and store references (was [security] Chunked store references i

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Racket 8 and store references (was [security] Chunked store references in .zo files in Racket 8 #47614)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 21:20:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021, Mark H Weaver wrote:

Anyway, I doubt that imposing such a limitation would adequately solve
the problem here of chunked references in Racket 8, because I suspect
that Racket 8 could split store references at arbitrary points in the
string.  I doubt that we can safely assume that the hash component of
store references will be stored contiguously in *.zo files.

Mark and everyone,

I wanted to spin off a subthread on guix-devel, to make you aware of another problem that we've run into with reference in .zo getting mangled: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47180

Best,
Jack