guix-devel

Help Wanted: Issues when packaging QT plugins.

From: Zhu Zihao
Subject: Help Wanted: Issues when packaging QT plugins.
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 00:32:07 +0800

Hi, Guix users!

I'm planning to package https://github.com/fcitx/fcitx-qt5. A QT plugin
to support Fcitx input method. I found 2 issues during the packaging.

1. This is an old issue mentioned in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-12/msg00117.html.
qt wrapper doesn't extend but override QT_PLUGIN_PATH and XDG_DATA_DIRS env
vars. So
any environemnt setup in profile will be ignored. Personally, I don't
think is an expected behaviour.(GTK wrapper does extend)

2. Qt plugins require QT_PLUGIN_PATH to be properly set up. Currently,
qtbase and packages inherited from it have native-search-paths spec for
this environment variable. Should packager add this spec for new qt
plugins? Or just leave it to user?

Any answer or suggestion will be appreciated.
--
Retrieve my PGP public key: https://meta.sr.ht/~citreu.pgp

Zihao