guix-devel

Re: Updating to latest Bioconductor release

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Updating to latest Bioconductor release
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 17:18:39 +0100

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 16:57, Roel Janssen <roel@gnu.org> wrote:

> My bad, I jumped to a conclusion too quickly. :)

No worries. :-)

> So, *something* removed my commits to the wip-r branch. Is it some kind
> of automation that syncs the Github and the Savannah branches?

Which upstream?
I have no access on Savannah.  And I think you could should there.
My wip-r branch on my personal GitHub account, no automation.  Ricardo
did couple of days ago: fetch my branch and push it to Savannah.  Then
they reported a tiny mistake that I corrected on my branch, by
rewriting the history since it is WIP.  It was before you have started
to work on, I guess.

To be concrete, the last commit on my branch is 9 days ago.  And the
last commit on Savannah wip-r is 30th Otc.

> The good news is that in my local checkout I've fixed the build problem
> with r-rhdf5lib, so I should be able to build the remaining packages
> this evening.

Really cool!  Thank you.

> I am hesitant to push it to the "wip-r" branch, because it seems
> pointless. :)  So where can I push my updates to?

Please push your changes to wip-r on Savannah, rewriting the history
is fine with me.  Then Cuirass will rebuild everything, check.  Then
we can merge to master.

All the best,
simon