guix-devel

Re: updating Jami to "Together", Qt update?

From: Ryan Prior
Subject: Re: updating Jami to "Together", Qt update?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 20:17:54 +0000

On November 18, 2020, Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> wrote:
aviva <aviva@gmx.us> writes:

> nobody i know uses it.  without a community of users, it has no purpose

There must always be a first user ;)

I use Jami regularly with a few adventurous friends who like peer-to-peer things. We often have to fall back to another video system like Jitsi to finish our calls, but keep returning for more punishment because we believe in the dream.

I have been specifically burned before by the Jami package in Guix. It hasn't played well with other Jami software; I started having better luck when I switched to using the Debian package. But if you get the Together release working well I'm absolutely down to give it another shot!