guix-devel

Re: Fix incorrect date and commit in Data Service

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Fix incorrect date and commit in Data Service
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 23:44:40 +0100

Hi again again,

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 22:57, zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Well, the Data Service should filter out the messages only containing
>> the header X-Git-Rev (commit hash) and use the date (Date) of the
>> message, which is, IMHO, the most accurate way to do.  Instead of rely
>> on the date of message containing such headers:

>> which can miss the correct commit introducing a change of derivation.
>
> The file data-service/branch-updated-emails.scm contains:
>
>          (x-git-newrev  (assq-ref headers 'x-git-newrev)))
>
> which is the issue.  Instead, it should be
>
>          (x-git-rev  (assq-ref headers 'x-git-rev)))
>
> but maybe some filtering should be applied.

Following the discussion we add on IRC, if process all the commits is
too much for the Data Service, undetermined yet, processing all the
“state” could be only done for failing packages.  Because it is the
concrete case where I (maybe we?) want  exactness.

Thank you for all the explanations.  Things clearer now. :-)

All the best,
simon