guix-devel

Re: ‘version-1.2.0’ branch created!

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: ‘version-1.2.0’ branch created!
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 14:32:40 +0100

Dear,

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 at 13:52, zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Thoughts?  Patches?  Ideas?  :-)
>
> A lot of substitutes are still missing (for example R).  Is it possible
> to trigger the builds?

I think Ludo tried to trigger a rebuild of all the r-* packages, see
[1].  However, "guix weather -c 15" still lists packages:

 + java-snappy which builds fine locally and Berlin reports
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/mq1xagq5sn9mfhpfg7j2cn1dn4vsds72-java-snappy-1.1.7.5>
 + sbcl-zpb-ttf which builds fine locally and on Bayfront and I am not
able to find information
 + sbcl-cl-paths idem.
 +  cl-ana.math-functions but I get a substitute; weird that weather
reports missing.
 +sbcl-cl-aa builds fine
 + java-slf4j-simple builds fine
 - python-pysam fails because of samtools.

where + means packages that should be rebuild on Berlin and - packages
that does not.

I think some IO issues lead to these missing substitutes and both Data
Services and ci.guix.gnu.org do not always report the correct status.
Well, or I am not sure to correctly understand.

However, it is not really an issue since the compilation is really
fast; I have not checked all the requirements though.

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/44551>

All the best,
simon