guix-devel

[Outreachy] Thank you & decision in progress

From: zimoun
Subject: [Outreachy] Thank you & decision in progress
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 12:14:57 +0100

Dear,

Thank you for your application to the project: « Add a subcommand
showing GNU Guix history of all packages ».  During this period, we hope
the community have been welcoming enough to make you want to contribute
again to Free Software, here with Guix or elsewhere.

You are 3 applicants and we are happy about your contributions.
However, we have only one funding and we are sad because we have to
choose one of you.  And it is hard.

It is not a personal judgment on you.  A refusal should rather be
interpreted as “let’s try to work together later with the next round”.

Currently, we ––Gábor, Ludo, Ricardo and me–– have internal discussions
and are trying to make a grounded decision on the interaction we had
with you.  Not only technical skill matters.

I speak for myself and as future mentor, my criteria are: What am *I*
able to bring to you based on your current skills?  How could *I* help
you to progress?

As I said, the decision is hard.

All the best,
simon