guix-devel

Release: Docker Image? DockerHub? skopeo?

From: zimoun
Subject: Release: Docker Image? DockerHub? skopeo?
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 12:05:28 +0100

Hi,

Some days ago, we discussed on #guix about releasing Docker images
ready-to-use.  And you pointed your project:

  https://gitlab.com/daym/guix-on-docker/

First question for Danny: is it ready to include it to the release?
Include meaning communicate about it – with the status experimental.

Second question for Ludo: does the Guix project officially push a Docker
image to DockerHub?

Third question for all: do we add an experimental box on the “Download”
section of the website [0]?

Fourth question for Jelle: do you have time to add examples to the
Cookbook using the package ’skopeo’?  If not, who could?

This is a follow-up to the thread, started here [1] and arguments about
DockerHub and co. there [2] and Ludo’s comments [3].

0: http://guix.gnu.org/en/download/
1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-09/msg00212.html
2: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-10/msg00352.html
3: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-10/msg00352.html