guix-devel

Re: File search progress: database review and question on triggers

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: File search progress: database review and question on triggers
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 11:58:41 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> A client-side approach (not involving guix-daemon) would be more readily
> usable, though some of the questions above remain open.

I'd also prefer to stick to the client side.  But how can I trigger an
event when a package gets built?

Maybe we could hook into specific commands like `guix build', collect
the list of builds that are going to be done, and upon completion, fill
the database with the build results.

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt