guix-devel

Re: Outreachy Applicant: An Introduction

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Outreachy Applicant: An Introduction
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:22:00 +0200

Hi Magali,

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 at 01:08, Magali Lemes <magalilemes00@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I wanted to share my progress with you. This last week I submitted my first
>>> patch ever. There were a few minor mistakes in it, so I had to fix them and
>>> submit again. It was a great opportunity for me to learn some new Git
>>> commands -
>>> like git rebase - and also pay more attention to some of the coding
>>> guidelines
>>> in Guix. I have also been on the road of learning some emacs and magit
>>> tricks.
>>> As for my next steps, I believe I'll try to fix one of those bugs tagged as
>>> easy.

Congrats!

About Emacs and Magit, do not hesitate to ask any question on #guix.
Some wizards are around. ;-)

About the bugs, you can interact with the bug tracker using the web interface:

        <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/>

or using Emacs:

   C-u M-x debbugs-gnu RET RET guix-patches,guix RET n y

and to avoid to type again and again guix-patches,guix the conf is
something like:

(setq debbugs-gnu-default-packages '("guix-patches" "guix"))

Hope to read you soon. :-)

All the best,
simon