guix-devel

Re: Racket packages / build system

From: Bonface M. K.
Subject: Re: Racket packages / build system
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 21:08:20 +0300

Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org>
writes:

[...]

>> Can I volunteer on this task? There's some work in
>> my team done in Racket; and it would be of great
>> interest to us to have a working Racket build
>> system. I can set apart some time to work on
>> this. I'd ask for alot of guidance/ review on this
>> though :)
>
> YES!  Please do.  Let's talk.  You can ping me on IRC also, dustyweb on
> freenode.

Thanks! I'm called bonz060 on FreeNode; though nowadays I've
grown to be an e-mail person.

[...]

>> Please do share the notes! I can try to hack
>> something up \m/\m/.
>
> I looked at the email that Dimos sent to me (also the email I had was
> apparently not the most recent email that they are using, corrected in
> the addressing this time), and they had asked me if they should post it
> to the mailing list, so I think that's consent to post it since they
> expressed consideration in doing so in our exchange... so I'm attaching
> it.

[...]

Thanks for the notes. I've skimmed through them
and they seem sensible. I'll look at how other
build systems are written as a first step, then
get my hands wet.

Do I open an issue for this---I can't see anything
that tracks this even in archived issues--- then
send patches there? Or do I send patches off the
list and then submit the final drafts(if we get
there) on the list later?

--
Bonface M. K. <https://www.bonfacemunyoki.com>
Chief Emacs Bazu / Rieng ya software sare