guix-devel

Re: Using #true and #false everywhere?

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Using #true and #false everywhere?
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 21:36:06 -0400

Hello Tobias,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> Maxim,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer 写道:
>> I'd only agree to such a change if it's already been standardized in
>> the
>> RnRS as such
>
> Sure, I think that's implied.  #true and #false are part of the
> R7RS-small standard.

Thanks, I couldn't find where that was defined.  Now that you've pointed
it to me, it's defined in section 6.3 Booleans:

   The standard boolean objects for true and false are written as #t and
   #f. Alternatively, they can be written #true and #false,
   respectively.

> I don't know what Guile ‘is’, but it supports that part of the
> standard.  I don't think it implements any of the RnRS completely?
> I've heard it said that Guile targets R5RS, but that was ages ago.

info '(guile) Guile and Scheme' suggests it supports all of the R5RS,
R6RS or R7RS standards, plus a bunch of srfi modules.

With this cleared, I don't have an objection to the proposal, other than
the other points I've mentioned earlier (to recall those points: I don't
perceive much value in it and it'll make the 'git blame' output noisy).

Thanks,

Maxim