guix-devel

Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages

From: Daniela Lura
Subject: Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 12:26:46 +0200

Hi Pierre,
> We would need some sort of paging.  With _javascript_ on, we could have
infinite pages.
I think pagination is available on this page: https://guix.gnu.org/packages/, which I believe could be used if the search functionality is incorporated there.

I used the same format as this page: https://guix.gnu.org/packages/, so I guess the alteration you mentioned should be discussed with the person/people who designed it. :)

> The queries seem a bit too slow, maybe there is a performance issue
that could be fixed.
Again, I have cc-ed Chris who could give a better response on that. :)

Thank you for the feedback,

Danjela

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 08:17, Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> wrote:
Great start, thanks for your work!

A few suggestions:

- We would need some sort of paging.  With _javascript_ on, we could have
infinite pages.

- I would display the synopsis first and optionally the description.

- The queries seem a bit too slow, maybe there is a performance issue
that could be fixed.

Good luck!

--
Pierre Neidhardt